My Newly Released Book!
My self-published special art collectors’ book is now available in soft cover, hard cover, PDF version, and ebook/Apple iPad format at Blurb.com!!!
Included in the book:
* Select paintings from my 2010 The Sweetest Things Collection
* 2011 Little Women Series paintings
* 2012 Heart and Soul Series paintings including three poems
* Paintings from my 2012 A Woman’s Wellspring Mini-Series
* New work from this year’s Family Trees Series
* 60 pages, and 77 paintings
The book represents my journey through three years of art-making, highlights my accomplishments, and ends with much gratitude and many thank yous.
More than a portfolio and a very unique art collectors’ gift.
Why The Book
I turned 40. It’s all downhill from here, (or so I’ve heard). I feel like I’m just getting started!
As an old lady re-entering the art world I am met with many challenges. Learning things at my age takes twice as long, but lately I’ve noticed a slight shift.
The cobwebs have started to clear from my overloaded, middle-aged, slightly underused brain. The information I have taken in over the years has finally penetrated and seems to be properly transmitting. In other words, I feel more focused.
This type of clarity is rare (for me) and is a sign that I’m on the right path. I’ve tried many different art-related activities, mediums, art businesses, and crafts. I abandoned them when they weren’t working out or just didn’t feel right for me.
I’ve used the Albert Einstein-inspired mantra, if it’s not working, try something new and it has been helpful in leading me to where I’m supposed to be in my little corner of the art world. Now for the 11 lessons I’ve learned as an artist.
The Book Takeaway
1. Try new things, in life and in art (techniques, mediums).
2. Believe in yourself, always!…and be yourself.
3. Take the time to learn what you need to, and…
4. Be patient with yourself.
5. Practice your craft, a lot, if you want to improve.
6. Get over feeling vulnerable.
7. Don’t compare yourself to others.
8. Join local art groups for friendship and support.
9. Don’t be afraid to share your experiences and art with the world.
10. Realize that your art is not for everyone, (only the sexy people).
11. Give back and help others when you can.
* This book is also for artsy people, art collectors, art lovers, supporters, and fans of my work.
Check out the Preview
Preview the book and tell me what you think!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! ~Mary Claire