Today is Breast Cancer Awareness month’s last day and I have been very fortunate to be able to get involved in helping to raise money and create art for this cause over the last few weeks. The Painted Bra Art Project created and organized by Anna Braden on facebook raised over $10,000 for the Liz Hurley Breast Cancer Fund for Huntsville Hospital’s Breast Center. Hundreds of bras were painted in honor of survivors, and in memory of loved ones who battled breast cancer. The bras were donated to the project’s auction to raise awareness and money. The auction is closed but you can still see the beautiful brasterpieces displayed online at The Painted Bra Art Project’s facebook page.
These are the bras that I bid on and won!
Best. bra. ever…how appropriate for a Halloween post!
In September I participated in Allentown’s First Fridays. I had the pleasure of creating two sidewalk chalk art murals in front of Allendale Theater to celebrate the Theatre of Youth’s 40th anniversary and season opening with ‘Pinkalicious’. The Paint Allentown Pink event was sponsored by Roswell Park Cancer Institute as part of their Pledge to Go Pink Campaign. I was able to sell my original artwork during the live demo and donate 50% of the profits to Roswell Park. It was a great experience thanks to all of the people who helped make it possible, particularly my family for helping me that day, and to Chris, Eva and Robert and staff at TOY, and Meghan from Roswell.
- The West Seneca Art Society’s Fall Fine Art Show at the Charles E. Burchfield Nature and Art Center will be coming down on November 2nd. If you missed it there will be another show in the Spring of 2012. Video of all of the artwork in the show is here.
- My painting Above the Blue Sky was donated to the Theatre of Youth for their annual TOY Box Bash to be auctioned on Thursday, November 3rd.
- Time and Memory will be on view at the Impact Artists’ Gallery for their 2011 Fall National Juried Exhibition from November 2nd to December 3rd. Opening reception and awards on Saturday, November 5th from 1 to 3 pm. Gallery is located on the 5th floor of the Tri-Main Building 2495 Main St., Buffalo, NY 14214. Gallery hours are W-F 11-4/Sat. 11-2.
- I am very excited to be working with a wonderful and talented author on illustrations for the cover of her new book.
- As a newbie member of the IndiExhibit I will be participating in this year’s American Music Awards by gifting artwork in the celebrity gift lounge. I have been busy getting my display piece, and 50 original paintings ready for this event.
- Over on my facebook page I announced I would have a giveaway soon. This was before ^ all of the above ^ happened. I will have to surprise you with one in the very near future, and it will have to be good. Until then, please share my page with your art-liking friends.
I would like if I may to take you on a strange journey.
Quote ~the Criminologist The Rocky Horror Picture Show